Size: 8.5" x 11", 11" x 17", 11" x 25.5", or 17" x 22" (Flat)
Paper: 70#, 80#, or 100# Dull or Gloss Coated Text
Ink: Full Color
Options: Hole Drilling
Fold: Half Fold, Tri Fold (Included, No Charge)
Artwork: Print-Ready PDFs Preferred
70# Gloss Text: High quality, light text weight paper stock with a gloss finish on both sides.
80# Gloss Text: High quality, medium text weight paper stock with a gloss finish on both sides.
80# Dull/Velvet Text: High quality, medium text weight paper stock with a satiny, matte finish on both sides.
100# Gloss Text: High quality, heavy text weight paper stock with a gloss finish on both sides.
100# Dull/ Velvet Text: High quality, heavy text weight paper stock with a satiny, matte finish on both sides.
Basic layout and print file guidelines:
Document size: Same size as final trim size of piece
Bleed: Set your bleed to .125" on all sides
Safe Area: Set your margins to .125" and keep all important elements (logos, text, and images that do not bleed) within these margins
Resolution: 300 PPI for all images is strongly recommended for best print quality
File Type: PDFs are preferred
Uploading files: You can upload files directly to this product page, or you can send files here.
If you need any help with creating your print ready artwork, please give us a call at 800-227-7377 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proofing: After you place your order and upload your artwork, our prepress team will begin inspecting your files to ensure your document size, bleed lines, margins, image resolution, and more are correct in order for the best print quality.They will email you a soft proof (PDF) for your approval prior to printing. Soft proofing is an easy way to see what your finished product will look like and make sure the content is correct. However, soft proofing is not intended for exact color matching. Every monitor displays color differently, and on backlit screens, colors may appear lighter than the actual colors contained in your files. If color matching is critical, please give us a call at 800-227-7377 to order a hard proof.
Production Time: Production time begins after proof approval and is the time required to produce your order before it ships. It is calculated in business days, starting at the next occurrence of 9:00 AM Eastern on the 1st business day after the proof is approved. U.S. Press is closed Saturdays, Sundays and all major holidays; thus, these days are not included in the production schedule.
Below are some tips you can use in designing your folding brochure:
Choosing your paper:
•Decide first whether you'd like a gloss finish or a matte finish. Gloss paper stocks will have a shiny appearance and are great to use when promoting products. Dull/velvet paper stocks have a matte finish and thus less shine, which can give your materials an elegant, professional look.
• Next, you'll decide what weight of paper you'd like for your brochures. 70# text is a lightweight, cost-efficient paper stock. 80# text is a popular weight as it provides slightly more structure than 70# text. 100# text is a high quality, heavier weight paper that will give your pieces a premium feel. Most customers opt for the 100# text weight.
• Looking for cover stock options? Request a custom quote and choose from a variety of cover weight options for your brochures.
Designing your custom brochure:
• Have a strong headline and a consistent message
• Have a clear call to action: give your customers a specific reason to call your business or visit your website
• Place product features in a bulleted list
• Break up paragraphs of text with colorful images
• Always include your contact information
• Don't include more than 2 font styles
• Make sure all of your images are high resolution
• Display your finished marketing materials in a holder and have them visible in your lobby