- Call for latest version available
- Disk: ZIP, JAZ, 3.5" Floppy, or CD
These programs can not be used for catalogs or any document larger than
11" x 17"
- Send all documents, images, and fonts
Remember: If we are missing anything, this may delay your
Step 1: Document Size
File > Page Setup...
Adjust your document to one of the following sizes:
- Postcards = 6" x 4", 6" x 8"
- Catalog Sheets = 8.5" x 11"
- Folded Brochures = See folding setups on prepress references page
- Rack Brochures = 4" x 9", 8" x 9" (folds to 4" x 9")
- Posters = 11" x 17", 18" x 24"
- Catalogs = 8.5" x 11", 5.5" x 8.5", 4" x 9"
IN THE ZONE
- Safe Zone = 1/8" margin from the edge of the page
- Danger Zone = Area outside the 1/8" margin
- Bleed = 1/8" past the edge of the page
If you intend to have an image completely cover a front or back side of
your document, then you need to be sure that the image extends (bleeds) at
least 1/8" over the edge of the page. Do not end it at page edge (trim) or
white will show on the edges.
Step 2: Images
Tools > Commercial Printing > Graphics Manager
- 300 dpi resolution (or 1,200 dpi for b/w line art)
- Submit all images (Verify current link status)
If you scale the image after importing it into Word/Publisher, the
effective resolution will change. If you scaled the image up to 200% in
Word/Publisher, then the final resolution will be 150 dpi and considered
Confirm the status of all linked images before you submit your files. No
image link status should display "Modified" or "Missing".
Step 3: Pack and Go
File > Pack and Go (Publisher)
1) File > Pack and Go > Take to a Commercial Printing Service
2) Click Next
3) Select A Location and click Next
4) Make sure all 3 boxes are checked and click Next
5) Click Finish
Step 4: Fonts
Utilities > Usage > Fonts
Submit all fonts used in layout, logos, images, etc.
Step 5: Save As
File > Save As (Word)
Word Document Format
1) Select Word Document Format (default)
3) Click Save
Step 6: Submit Files
Call your Sales Representative to verify files are ready to send by disk
Fill out the Job Information Form carefully
Mail or FTP the files along with a current mock-up to U.S. Press
Remember: if we are missing anything, this may delay your order.